Stand up Comedian For (Nearly) All Occasions
Elliot Goblet (real name Jack Levi) first performed in mid 1981 and in his early days he worked mainly in the comedy clubs of Melbourne & Sydney to develop a unique comedy identity. Fortunately it was 10 months later that he was discovered by Daryl Somers and started getting regular exposure on national television variety shows to become one of Australia’s best known & favourite comedians.
He has enjoyed lots of career highlights.
- Over 60 stand up comedy spots on Australian national television shows including Hey Hey It’s Saturday and The Footy Show (NRL).
- Many guest appearances on celebrity TV game shows and cameo appearances on shows like Swift And Shift, Pizza and Neighbours.
- Thousands of public performances all over Australia and in 7 other countries including The Montreal Comedy Festival.
- When it comes to function entertainment, a multitude of corporate events and also many private events such as weddings, parties…but not anything.
- A best selling book “Business According To Goblet” containing heavily nonsense coated business advice.
- An Aria nominated Album “internally berserk”, and in 2015 a collection of some of his best one liners in the Album “goblet’s greatest bits”.
- A regular segment on current affairs TV programs giving Elliot’s “offbeat but on target” view of the week’s news.
- Support act for the band “America” in the Australian cities of Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Hobart and it was a big thrill for him to be called back on stage at the end of the nights to join in the chorus of “Horse With No Name”.
- Host of the Qantas in flight audio comedy channel world wide…and beyond.
- Cameo role in the film “Fat Pizza” as a pesky health inspector.
Charlie Pickering – Testimonial
‘Elliot Goblet was the first Australian comedian I ever saw. When he did standup in my television, it was my idea of funny. I have since been lucky enough to share a stage with him, and every time he has been just as funny as he was when I first saw him. He writes jokes I’m jealous of, makes me laugh and remains my idea of an Australian comedian.’
Lehmo – Testimonial
‘Elliot Goblet is without question one of the founding fathers of the alternative stand up comedy scene in Australia and remains one of the strongest, funniest and most reliable acts in the country today.’
Les Twentyman – Testimonial
‘Not only is Elliot Goblet one of Australia’s funniest comedians he also champions the cause of our nation’s disadvantaged children and youth through the ‘Comedians For A Cause’ events which he founded.’
– Les Twentyman OAM, Les Twentyman Foundation
Wendy Stapleton – Testimonial
‘I have known Jack Levi since the 80’s where we would often bump into each other as regular guests on Hey Hey It’s Saturday.
I have always loved his alter ego Elliot Goblet with his deadpan delivery and dry wit .
On the other hand Jack is an affable and lively conversationalist with a passion for his committment to keeping comedy alive and well.’
Judith Lucy – Testimonial
‘It takes a great deal of skill to write punchline after punchline which is what he has always done. Elliot Goblet delivers wall to wall jokes; no padding, nothing unnecessary just laugh after laugh.’
Brian Nankervis – Testimonial
‘Elliot Goblet is a compelling, inventive and totally unique comedian. Watching and performing with Elliot is always a pleasure. He takes the complex and challenging craft of comedy seriously, cares deeply about his work and is a generous performer, much loved by peers and audiences alike. One of a kind!’
Father Bob – Testimonial
‘Jack Levi aka Elliot Goblet has organised and performed in many gala comedy events to raise funds for my cause.
His action in this area proves that he has a genuine desire to help the homeless, underprivileged and alienated members of our society.’
Father Bob Maguire AM RFD
Sammy J – Testimonial
‘Like many others, I grew up watching Elliot Goblet on the telly and it was a thrill to get to meet and work with him once I’d (technically) “grown up”.
If comedy was a boxing match, Mr Goblet would win each round hands down with his knockout punchlines.
He would then charm his opponents back to consciousness with his hard work and professionalism’
Rachel Berger – Testimonial
‘Elliot Goblet delivers one liners like Evil Knievel jumps canyons.’
Tim Ferguson – Testimonial
‘Elliot Goblet is a beloved legend of Australian comedy. His work continues to be the gold standard of humour. Fresh, funny, clever, with appeal for all ages. Elliot’s a pleasure to see and work with.’
Russell Morris – Testimonial
There are only a handful of comedians, that have uniqueness – Elliot Goblet lives in that rarified atmosphere.
Side splitting , clever, and quirky- he never fails to have me in stitches, and roaring laughing – an act, not to be missed – should be on everyone’s bucket list.’